Our Toledo, Ohio personal injury attorneys urge parents to carefully choose the toys their children play with, and supervise them at all times. Make sure the toys are age-appropriate, and cannot be swallowed.
A settlement of more than $1 million was recently reached after a four-year-old boy ingested a pair of small magnets made by Rose Art, according to the Jere Beasley Report. The toys stuck together inside the boy’s digestive system, lodging in his pelvis. Surgery performed after two ER visits saved the boy from suffering wrongful death, but his will have digestive problems for the rest of his life, including abdominal pain, constipation, and diarrhea, and will be forced to always adhere to a strict diet.
The plaintiffs argued that even though there was a “choking hazard” warning label on the toy, the packaging did not disclose the severity of ingesting the magnets, or the serious personal injury that their magnetic attraction could cause.
If you or someone you love has suffered personal injury from a defective product, contact our Toledo, Ohio products liability attorneys to learn your rights and for your free consultation and case evaluation.