Findlay and the rest of northwest Ohio are getting socked with the area’s first major snow of the season. Unfortunately, treacherous roads often lead to traffic accidents. Auto accident attorneys Chuck Boyk and Dale Emch have a Top Ten list of what to do if you’re involved in a motor vehicle accident. With apologies to David Letterman, here’s our Top Ten:
1. Don’t panic and leave the scene of the accident.
2. Don’t move your vehicle unless you’re causing a hazard.
3. Get the names, addresses, phone numbers, and license plate numbers of the parties and witnesses.
4. Make no admission of liability.
5. Don’t speak to the other driver’s insurance company. You have to protect your self-interest.
6. Seek medical treatment immediately if you’re injured.
7. Report the accident to your insurance company, regardless of fault.
8. Don’t make payments to the other driver.
9. Don’t accept payments from the other driver or the driver’s insurance company without consulting a lawyer.
10. Contact the Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC, to see if you have a case.